Workshop Your CV/Resume With Experienced Women in Science!
Uncover the following:
- A resume is not a CV, and a CV is not a resume
- Resumes and CVs should be tailored to specific jobs
- You don’t need to include everything you’ve ever done
After an introductory talk by Ellie Cantor, PhD, MBA, who spent over 20 years in biopharmaceutical executive search and recruiting, we will break into small working groups depending on your goals (e.g., academia at a research intensive school, teaching, industry, writing, other/non-traditional careers).
Sample resumes and CVs will be available.
Call for Nominations
AWIS-PHL is seeking nominations for the following offices for 2017-2018:
- President-Elect (a 3-year commitment: President-Elect, President, Past-President)
- Vice-President for Programs
We are also seeking a volunteer to be Social Media Chair.
Elections will be held in April. Contact email@example.com to nominate or volunteer (self-nominations accepted!)
Congratulations to the 2017 Travel Award Recipients!
Robert E. Davies Student Travel Award: Kaitlin Folweiler, Neuroscience Graduate Group, University of PA
Adelaide M. Delluva Student Travel Award: Vanessa Muñoz, Department of Microbiology/Department of Pediatrics, University of PA/CHOP
This year AWIS-PHL also awarded a Chapter Recognition Award for Student Travel to Theresa Patten Department of Pharmacology, University of PA
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events and watch for more details soon:
- Becoming Brilliant: Re-Imagining Education for our Time – Dr. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, Professor of Psychology at Temple University and author of Becoming Brilliant: What Science tells us about raising successful children, March 29, 2017, at AIM Academy in Conshohocken.
- Philadelphia Science Festival SCIENCE CARNIVAL, Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Annual Awards Dinner, May 2017
See the Bulletin Board page for more information on the following items:
Email info on your upcoming event to firstname.lastname@example.org
. (All posts at the discretion of the webmaster.)
Check out AWIS member events and other offerings.
GETT (Girls Exploring Tomorrow’s Technology – March 25, 2017.
Philadelphia Area Girls Enjoying ScienceTM (PAGESTM) mini-conference for 6th grade girls, Chestnut Hill College, Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Post doctoral positions in receptor biology available at Penn Med
Local charter high school seeking speakers for Science Café.
Not getting all your AWIS-PHL E-Mail?