AWIS-PHL provides these links as a courtesy. We make no representations about the quality or availability of these programs. These links were current as of September11, 2017, but sites may not have been updated for 2017-2018. Check back, or contact the programs directly for the latest information.
- Philadelphia Area Girls Enjoying Science™ (PAGES™)
- Thomas Jefferson University Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- University of PA: Penn Summer offers programs for undergraduates, high school students, and others
- The University of Pennsylvania BioMedical Graduate Studies Summer Undergraduate Internship Program
- Summer Science @ Jefferson: Biomedical Sciences for high school students
- GlaxoSmithKline Internship and Co-Op Programs
- Monell Chemical Senses Center Science Apprenticeship Program
- Drexel University College of Medicine Summer Research Opportunities
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Immersion Science Program
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute Summer Scholars Program
- Temple University College of Science and Technology offers a variety of pre-college programs
- Women In Natural Sciences (WINS) is a free after-school and summer science enrichment program at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University. Since its founding in 1982, WINS has introduced hundreds of high school girls to future careers in science and other professions by providing hands-on science workshops, career and college exploration, and positive youth development.
- G. John DiGregorio Center for Forensic Science Research and Education Internships/Summer Programs
- NASA One Stop Shopping Initiative (OSSI) for Recruiting Interns, Fellows and Scholars. Visit the SOLAR Launchpad at http://intern.nasa.gov.
- NIH https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/sip
- Homeland Security HS-STEM Summer Internships for Undergraduate Students
- ORISE offers hundreds of science education experiences at national laboratories and federal agencies The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) administers a broad range of internships, scholarships, fellowships and research experiences. These programs are available to science and engineering students and educators at every academic level from K-12, to college students and postdocs, to university faculty members.
- Amgen Scholars Program http://www.amgenscholars.com/
- Opportunities compiled by the Philadelphia Section of the American Chemical Society
- New Jersey STEM Database lists many initiatives and programs with the goal of advancing STEM education for both students and educators.